Friday, October 10, 2008

Heart on a Deathbed…



She says it was pure and pristine,
Exuded freshness and oozed life,
An erstwhile heart…

Lust for laurels, Craving for glory,
And thus preoccupied,
I do not remember when it died,

But today as I walk in its cortege,
To bid it a final goodbye,
I am wistful and recall…

How I turned so artificial,
Acquired a persona so superficial,
How my mind trampled a moaning heart,
Strangled it to death, with a smirk,
How I stifled emotions,
Lost in the labyrinth of the bestest,
How I fell a prey to the dreams I had weaved,
As they boomeranged on me nastily heaved,
How ambitions became obsession,
And thereafter fanaticism,

But today as I walk in its cortege,
To bid it a final goodbye,
I long to get it back to life,
I long to see it revive,
I do not know if I can,
For it has already died,
My deceased heart……

Desert Rose
10th October, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden

8 comments:

victor said...

another chetan bhagat in the making....keep up the good work dude...

Neha Chawla said...

nice piece of work...simply luv ur piece of art...

UnknownSomeone said...

Good work, just keep going

Abhimanyu said...

brkup ho gaya kya???

little devil said...

well written.. love d way u write..infact luv everything in u.. keep it up..

Anonymous said...

dam gud.. shocked me tejaswi.. beyond perfection
cheers..

Desert Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Desert Rose said...

Thanks Neha, appu, animesh, natasha for showering such rich accolades on me which i still doubt whether i deserve or not ;) Thanks for your love and care...